Friday, October 1, 2010

CS5 - Content Aware Fill






If you have not worked with the latest version of photoshop them you may not have heard of the new content aware fill. It is almost scary the things that you can do with it. It is like a bigger and badder spot healing brush. Take a look at this demonstration video where they remove an entire tree in one click. It gets even scarier when they use content aware to fill in the edge pixels to extend canvas size. I wonder how long it will be before photoshop is a one-click program? If it is making all the decisions for the user then why will designers and image editors even be needed? We might be one step closer to skynet gaining consciousness...

23 comments:

  1. i seen this a few months ago, pretty awsome idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want CS5 so I can try this out. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is some good photoshop skills!
    Mesty =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use cs5 myself and i just LOVE it :)
    in comparison with cs4 it improved very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY SH1T that is cool, I can see that it is gonna make some peoples lives easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. designers will still be needed my friend, this is an amazing tool but looks a bit trollish to me 0.o.. but anyways, even with content aware or more advanced software, you cant just replace designers - they have imagination, innovation and know what they are aiming for and how to tailor it etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one mate,great skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1/10/10 12:57

    Seems great, but designers will always be needed, people have creative skills or they don't..

    ReplyDelete
  9. followin you! visit my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're really talented man :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing. But unfortunately I am poor and still us GIMP. Have pity on me. No content aware for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, this really helps. Have we met before?

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome :) xD I have CS something

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out my blog... It's about GFX and I cover some photoshop issues there !=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Photoshop is very nice... but at 1000$ it's not really worth it :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i may upgrade from cs4 to cs5 because of this

    ReplyDelete
  17. This new version of photoshop looks great. Especially all the new features they have added.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice, i'm gonna check out the new photoshop soon too in my school

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the content aware feature on cs5, it helps a lot

    ReplyDelete